Florida. Who hasn’t dreamed of taking some time off to go lounge on the Sunshine State’s legendary beaches? Or better yet, mixing it up in the South Beach club scene. Then again, you have to keep the kids in mind. No way you’re going to Florida without a stop at Disney World.
To help you see the best of what Florida has to offer, we’ve looked to our trivago users and their certified reviews to point you towards the best hotels in Florida compiled for the trivago Awards 2018.
For the luxury traveler, unsurprisingly The Breakers comes out on top as a five-star favorite with its impressive Italian Renaissance architecture that emanates luxury living. Meanwhile, and this comes as no surprise, you’re not far from that legendary Floridian coastline with just about any of these hotel picks.
Interested in seeing the best hotels in Florida? Get scrolling and start planning your next escape!
Florida’s Top Five-Star Hotel ★★★★★
The Breakers (Palm Beach | 9.2 tRI™)
The Breakers boast as they say, “unapologetic luxury, seaside glamour and world-class service.” That’s a tough lineup to live up to, but considering their nearly 100-year legacy — and feedback from trivago users — it’s clear they’re doing more than just a few things right.
Keeping with the times, The Breakers has embraced green initiatives to implement ecologically-friendly practices, such as improving energy efficiency, water conservation and waste reduction, to help ensure an enjoyable, healthy environment for generations to come. (That’s all to say you can feel free to slip into that poolside coma, guilt-free.)
But not everyone can just lay back and relax on vacation (though there is the spa for those so inclined). Some of us like to keep moving. For that, The Breakers offers golf, tennis, and fitness facilities that include indoor exercise bikes, personal training, and a variety of classes from body sculpting to yoga.
At the end of a stay, it’s easy to see why The Breakers is the top five-star pick for Florida travel.View Hotel
Top 10 Five-Star Hotels in Florida
- The Breakers — Palm Beach
- The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort — Naples
- Acqualina Resort & Spa — Sunny Isles Beach
- Mandarin Oriental | Miami — Miami
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort — Lake Buena Vista
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami — Miami
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa — Manalapan
- Four Seasons Hotel Miami — Miami
- Hotel Beaux Arts Autograph Collection — Miami
- Ponte Vedra Inn & Club — Ponte Vedra Beach
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Florida’s Top Four-Star Hotel ★★★★
Villas of Grand Cypress (Orlando | 9.3 tRI™)
Hit The Links
Golfing and Florida are inextricably linked, so why not combine the two passions in your hotel? Villas of Grand Cypress tops the list of four-star hotels in Florida and we have to imagine that their golf academy had something to do with it. Besides lessons and clinics, you can sign up for a club fitting, or if you’re brand new to the sport, get a new student assessment. When you’re ready to head out to the links yourself, you can sign up for a tee time at the Jack Nicklaus Signature-designed course complete with 45 holes.View Hotel
Top 10 Four-Star Hotels in Florida
- Villas of Grand Cypress — Orlando
- The Gardens Hotel — Key West
- EB Hotel Miami — Miami Springs
- The Alfond Inn — Winter Park
- Southernmost Beach Resort — Key West
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa — Bonita Springs
- Sandpearl Resort — Clearwater
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami — Key Biscayne
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress — Orlando
- The Pillars Hotel — Fort Lauderdale
★ ★ ★ ★
Florida’s Top Three-Star Hotel ★★★
Marquesa Hotel (Key West | 9.5 tRI™)
Dive Right In
Who doesn’t want to go to Key West? Even the most cynical human being on the planet, the most avid, rugged traveler who scoffs at tourist destinations in favor of the so-called “authentic” would enjoy themselves immensely in Key West. Couple it with a stay at the Marquesa Hotel, a trivago Award three-star favorite, well, then you’re likely to be converted into a repeat visitor.
The hotel rests right in central Old Town Key West with all the accoutrements of history that entail. On the property, you’re surrounded by a lush garden capped off by a shimmering swimming pool. But a stay wouldn’t be complete without dining at the award-winning Cafe Marquesa, a favorite among tourists and locals alike. Dive into some fresh, local seafood for a dining experience you won’t soon forget.View Hotel
Top 10 Three-Star Hotels in Florida
- Marquesa Hotel — Key West
- Almond Tree Inn — Key West
- Casa Grandview — West Palm Beach
- Hotel Indigo Jacksonville-Deerwood Park — Jacksonville
- Staybridge Suites St. Petersburg Downtown — St. Petersburg
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South — Kissimmee
- Residence Inn Amelia Island — Fernandina Beach
- Gullwing Beach Resort — Fort Myers
- Residence Inn Port St. Lucie — Port St. Lucie
- Polynesian Isles Resort — Kissimmee
★ ★ ★
Florida’s Top Alternative Accommodation
Black Dolphin Inn (New Smyrna Beach | 9.5 tRI™)
A Peaceful Enclave
Imagine the quiet rumble of the sea splashing against the shore with an endless breeze brushing against your face and through your ear. That’s precisely what you’re signing up for at the Black Dolphin Inn tucked away in Florida’s peaceful enclave of New Smyrna Beach. Your longing for a place uniquely connected to its natural surroundings with views to match is satiated here. Best of all, you can enjoy it all knowing that they’re doing their part to protect the sensitive ecology around them.View Hotel
Top 10 Alternative Accommodation in Florida
- Black Dolphin Inn — New Smyrna Beach
- Santa Maria Suites Resort — Key West
- Port d’Hiver — Melbourne
- Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast — St. Augustine
- Peace & Plenty Inn — St. Augustine
- River Lily Inn Bed and Breakfast — Daytona Beach
- Grandview Gardens — West Palm Beach
- Blue Heron Inn on Amelia Island — Fernandina Beach
- St Francis Inn — St. Augustine
- Island Sands Inn — Wilton Manors
Florida’s Top Value For Money
At Journey’s End Bed and Breakfast (St. Augustine | 9.3 tRI™)
An End In Sight
Intimacy meets fine dining with At Journey’s End Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine. The five-room Inn is surrounded by delicious restaurants that could fill up any busy traveler’s itinerary. Pick between uniquely-designed rooms from the Amelia Earhart Room (featuring aviation-inspired decor) to Key West Suite, which can serve a romantic getaway just as well as a family vacation of four.View Hotel
Top 10 Value For Money in Florida
- At Journey’s End Bed and Breakfast — St. Augustine
- Cedar House Inn — St. Augustine
- Hapimag Resort Orlando — Kissimmee
- Premiere Hotel — Fort Lauderdale
- Inn on Charlotte Bed & Breakfast — St. Augustine
- Black Dolphin Inn — New Smyrna Beach
- Hotel Seacrest — Fort Lauderdale
- Drury Inn & Suites Orlando — Orlando
- Santa Ynez Inn — St. Pete Beach
- Gulf Tides Inn — St. Augustine
Q: How were the winners chosen?
A: The trivago Rating Index® (tRI)
Just as trivago aggregates hotel prices from across the web, we also aggregate guest reviews and ratings for a wide variety of amenities and services for all hotels that display prices on trivago. The reviews are then assigned an overall score by amenity or service category using an internally developed algorithm. The overall score is displayed on trivago, making it easy for travelers to compare amenities and services offered as they search for their ideal hotel.
For the trivago Awards 2018, the hotel with the highest score in each awarded category is deemed the category winner. To ensure accuracy, a minimum of 20 reviews were required for award eligibility with scores taken in October 2017.
The result: A comprehensive list of the cream of the crop in hospitality, and prestige and recognition for the hardworking hoteliers behind the winning hotels.
Are you a Floridian hotelier? Visit the trivago Hotel Manager blog to learn more about the people behind the award-winning properties in the United States.
Do you have your own award-winning hotel in mind? Nominate the Best Florida Hotel in the comment section!