Texans love their state, but even they’ll admit it gets a little toasty sometimes. Heck, lately it’s even gotten freakishly cold — at least for a Lone Star winter.
Whatever the reason (or the season) there’s no need to put up with that discomfort, especially with some of the best hotels and pools in the union right here in Texas. To start your planning, we sifted through guest reviews and preferences to bring you the best hotels with pools in Texas.
Hotels with Pools in Texas
Though Austin is the state capital of Texas, the city is something of a Portlandia-Latin American island in the heart of the Lone Star state. Outsiders call it “The People’s Republic of Austin” while locals, looking to stem the tide of transplants, sell t-shirts that read, “I hear Dallas is nice.” Whether you’re looking to move or just want to cool off in the water, Austin has it all from downtown rooftops with character to family-friendly hideouts that are easy on the wallet.
Start planning with these hotels with pools in Austin.
Indoor and outdoor heated pool to accommodate all seasons
Onsite restaurant, The Onion Creek Grille, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Convenient location for the Texas State Capitol, Paramount Theatre, and The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
- Heated, rooftop swimming pool with sweeping views of downtown Austin
- Southern cuisine available at onsite restaurant, Ancho
- Hotel atrium where guests can enjoy a beer or cocktail
- Six blocks away from the Texas State Capitol, one block away from the State Theatre
Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
- Outdoor pool adjacent to the fitness room
- Free, hot breakfast served up every morning
- Happy hour drinks featured in the evening
Homewood Suites By Hilton Techridge Parmer @ I-35
- Studio or one-bedroom suites equipped with separate living and sleeping areas in addition to full kitchen
- Outdoor pool available for guests
- Located right off I-35 in northern Austin
- Fourth-floor pool and W’s Away Spa available for guests and non-guests (day passes can be purchased seasonally)
- 251 rooms with fantastic views of the Austin city skyline
- Party with the DJ at the Living Room bar downstairs on weekends
Dallas might bring to mind a certain image of big-money, Texas wealth, but this city is more diverse than stereotypes assume. Austin might fancy itself Texas’ hippest town, but Dallas isn’t far behind if not right up there with their southern neighbor once you consider their thriving 68-acre Arts District.
Like Austin, Lord knows it gets hot here. Luckily some of the best hotels with pools in Texas are right here in Dallas. Have doubts? Well, scroll on to have a look at some of our favorite hotels with pools in Dallas.
- Contemporary hotel with three swimming pools — 82-foot indoor lap pool, outdoor pool, and JadeWaters Resort Pool Complex
- Variety of relaxing treatments available at the V Spa
- Grab a steak or plate of seafood at The Ser Steak and Spirits with panoramic views of the Dallas skyline
- In the heart of downtown Dallas, surrounded by restaurants, bars, and the most popular sightseeing spots
- Spa is available as well as an infinity pool with views over the city
- Three onsite restaurants so you never go hungry
Sheraton Suites Market Center Dallas
- Recently renovated hotel in Dallas’ Design District
- Appointed with indoor heated whirlpool and swimming pool and an outdoor swimming pool
- Nearby to the World Trade Center and Market Center
Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
- Luxurious massages offered for guests looking to pamper themselves
- 143 rooms, onsite restaurant, bar and lounge, outdoor pool, and hot tub
- Dallas Museum of Art, Winspear Opera House, Klyde Warren Park, Morton H. Meyersen Symphony Center, and Perot Museum of Nature and Science are all nearby to the hotel
Hotel Crescent Court
- Luxurious facial and massage treatments available at the spa
- 191 rooms at the property including five restaurants and a bar/lounge
- Fresh breakfasts served up every morning at The Conservatory
Other Texan cities might argue various claims to fame, but nobody can take the claim of the most diverse city in the United States from Houston. A high school soccer team alone will feature students both from town and as far away as various African and Central American countries. Spanish and Swahili are languages you can hear around town right alongside English.
Suffice it to say, there’s plenty to explore in this surprisingly quirky town. Given how full a Houston agenda can quickly become, you’ll want to make sure you have someplace nice lined up to relax in. Try these hotels with pools in Houston.
Hotel Granduca Houston
- Comfortable accommodation among 122 rooms
- Indoor heated swimming pool alongside a fully-equipped fitness center and games room
- Sample northern Italian dishes at the Cavour Restaurant in addition to freshly-prepared breakfasts
- Modern and elegant hotel located in downtown
- Outdoor pool is an urban oasis complete with cabanas and a view of the city
- Spa and free shuttle within a five-mile radius
St. Regis Houston
- Day spa and 12-story luxurious hotel just outside of the city center
- 800-square-foot, mezzanine-level pool adjacent to the Spa & Fitness Center
- Onsite Remington Restaurant dishes out American cuisine and private dinners can be scheduled in The Wine Room
The Houstonian Club & Spa
- Nature retreat without sacrificing the convenience of an urban location
- 125-square-foot fitness center and pool complex
- Three pools in total — sports pool, garden pool, and resort pool with a 32-foot-long slide, waterfalls, and geysers at the latter.
- Charming rooftop pool with impressive views of Houston
- Complimentary breakfast every morning with a la carte lunch and dinner served at Houston Restaurant & Bar
- Less than a mile walk from Minute Maid Park and just four blocks from the Alley and Majestic Theaters
San Antonio just might be the most aesthetically Texan city there is. Credit for that goes to the blend of cultures over the centuries and sightseeing favorites, like The Alamo. Throw in some of the city’s UNESCO-designated cuisine and a jaunt along the ever-popular Riverwalk and you have yourself a busy weekend (or more) in San Antonio.
Once that high noon heat starts to hit, you’ll want someplace to kick back and take a breather. With that in mind, are some of trivago’s most popular hotels with pools in San Antonio.
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk
- Outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, and sun deck
- Complimentary hot breakfast and on-site restaurant for lunch and dinner
- Perfect base for San Antonio and within a short walk to the Briscoe Best Western Museum, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not and the San Antonio Museum of Art
Omni La Mansión del Rio
- Spanish colonial-style aesthetic with marble baths, brick walls, and French doors
- Spa and heated swimming pool available onsite
- Two restaurants, two bars, and a snack shop to keep you well fed
- Excellent location near La Villita Historic Arts Village and The Alamo
- 12-story hotel featuring 265 suites and a four-story atrium with views over the Mediterranean-style lobby, lounge area, and the Riverwalk
- Contessa Spa on the hotel rooftop with five treatment rooms, a boutique, a spa cafe, and an outdoor swimming pool
The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio
- Fitness studio and outdoor heated pool
- Guestrooms equipped with marble bathrooms and premium bedding
- Within walking distance of the Spanish Governor’s Palace, San Fernando Cathedral, and the Rivercenter Mall
Hampton Inn San Antonio-Downtown Riverwalk
- Outdoor pool and patio for fun in the sun
- Complimentary hot breakfast buffet along with “on the run” options for travelers on the move
- Within a half-mile of the Riverwalk and other San Antonio attractions