Terms and Conditions – GO BIG
Summary Terms and Conditions:
To enter: You have started something new, something big (a business, a hobby, a project – you name it) and you think the world should know about it? Or you know someone who has? Then tag yourself or the person who inspired you in the comments below the “GO BIG” post. Last thing to do: fill out the template available under the link in bio and the “GO BIG” post and tell your story. The template must be filled out by the person the story is about (“Entry”).
Timeline: Contest closes on 24 February 2021, at 06:00 pm CET. The winner will be selected as described below and notified on 26 February 2021 in order to prepare everything for the official announcement on 5 March 2021 on trivago’s Instagram account. Participants must be 18 or older to enter. By entering this Contest You consent that – in case You win this Contest – your name, Instagram profile picture as well as your Entry (in form of a recorded interview) is shared on trivago’s Instagram account, other trivago Social Media channels and/or trivago related websites. Note: Entries posted outside of the challenge period will NOT be considered eligible. The winner will be selected by a panel of trivago employees.
General information: This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, and you release Instagram of all responsibility. Entry is not available to people residing in Argentina, Brazil, Italy and the province of Quebec (Canada). The winner consents to share his story on trivago’s Social Media channels, in an interview on trivago magazine and for the purposes defined below.
Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who followed the steps mentioned above and who are 18 years old or older as of the date of Entry. Private Instagram accounts cannot participate in the Contest. Employees of trivago, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Entry is not available to people residing in Argentina, Brazil, Italy, and the province of Quebec (Canada).
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Contest, the participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of trivago in relation to this Contest as final and binding.
3. Authorship/Intellectual Property: By participating in the Contest and entering content, You represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work of your authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, especially not any copy rights. You need to make sure that any person visible on an image provided by You (such as Your Instagram profile picture) that will be published in relation with the Contest has given his/her consent to be shown in the context of this Contest. If your post/Entry infringes upon the intellectual property right or image right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of trivago. If the content of Your post is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights or image rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless trivago from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which trivago may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
4. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting 12 February 2021, 02:00 pm CET and ends 24 February 2021, 06:00 pm CET.
5. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by following the steps mentioned above: Tag yourself or a person You think eligible in the comments below the “GO BIG” post. The person to enter the Contest must fill out the template available under the link in bio and in the “GO BIG” post and submit it by clicking the “submit” button. The Entry must be submitted in English language and You must be the sole author of the submitted Entry.
All Contest requirements, as specified here, must be fulfilled for the Entry to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of trivago. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of trivago.
6. Prize: The winner will receive USD 5.000. The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others by the Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for trivago to use and publish the winner’s name and the Entry either in form of a recorded video and/or in written form for commercial purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The permission contains the use on trivago’s Social Media Channels, trivago websites and for email marketing. The prize will be awarded to You one week after officially announcing You as the Winner of the Contest on trivago’s Instagram account the latest. Payment will be made to Your bank account (details provided by You beforehand).
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection: All entries will be reviewed and judged by a Panel consisting of three trivago employees who are determined by trivago’s sole discretion. The Panel’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Panel will select the winner having the highest scoring based on the following criteria:
- Originality/authenticity of the idea (50%)
- Impact of the idea (50%)
In the event of a tie, the Entry that received the highest score on “impact of the idea” will be determined as the winner by the Panel in its sole discretion.
9. Winner Notification/Winner Interview: The Winner will be selected until 26 February 2021 and then notified via DM on Instagram. The Winner and trivago will then agree on a date and time for recording an Interview which will take place until 1 March 2021 the latest. Subject to the Interview will be the winning story. The Interview will be conducted online and recorded. The Winner will be announced publicly on trivago’s Instagram account on 5 March 2021 by publishing the recorded Interview. Receipt by the Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT trivago’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. If the Winner is disqualified, the participant with the second highest score determined as described above will be chosen as the Winner and notified accordingly.
10. Rights Granted by You: By participating in this Contest, You understand and agree that trivago, anyone acting on behalf of trivago and trivago’s licensees, successors and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your name, Instagram portrait, likeness as well as the recorded Interview (as video or in written form) in the context of this Contest for news, publicity, information, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review or consent.
The use described above, in particular, includes the use on trivago’s Social Media Channels, trivago websites and/or trivago related websites and for email marketing. You explicitly consent to the use of the above described data for the commercial and non-commercial purposes set out in these Terms.
11. Further Terms & Conditions: trivago reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond trivago’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, trivago may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by trivago. trivago reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. trivago has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void posts for any reason, including, but not limited to the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, trivago reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Limitation of Liability: Trivago’s liability is excluded. The exclusion of liability shall not apply in the following cases, i.e. trivago shall bear unlimited liability towards You for actions by a legal representative of trivago or persons used to perform an obligation of trivago in case of willful action or gross negligence, for personal injury to life, body or health, to the extent of any guarantee given by trivago in writing and under the terms of the applicable Product Liability Act. Notwithstanding trivago’s unlimited liability pursuant to the aforementioned sentence, in cases of minor negligence trivago shall only be liable for breaches of material duties under these Rules, i.e. duties that must be fulfilled for the performance of the Contest to be possible and which You can generally rely upon as being complied with. trivago´s liability shall in this case be limited to the contract-typical damage foreseeable at the day of conclusion of the contract. The above limitations of liability shall also apply in favor of legal representatives of trivago and persons trivago used to perform its obligations.
13. Choice of Law, Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of Germany without respect to the conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. In the event of a dispute the parties shall agree on a place of jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is trivago. Kesselstraße 5-7, 40221, Düsseldorf, Germany.
16. COUNTRY SPECIFIC NOTICES: If any provision of these Official Rules for GO BIG Contest are invalid under the law, rules or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted. In addition to the tax liability disclosures in these Official Rules for the GO BIG Contest, the Winner is subject to abide by the income reporting and, if applicable, the payment of any taxes due per the laws, rules and regulations of the Winner’s country of residence. By entering this Contest, participants hereby expressly agree and accept that for all that is related to the interpretation, performance and enforcement of these Official Rules for GO BIG Contest, each of them expressly submit themselves to the laws of the courts of Düsseldorf, Germany, expressly waiving to any other jurisdiction that could correspond to them by virtue of their present or future domicile or by virtue of any other cause.